Quinoa & Sweet Potato Baby Led Weaning Patties
Yummy sweet potato and quinoa patties for baby led weaning are a great choice for lunch or dinner! These veggie burgers are just right for little hands and can be made in advance to save you lots of time!
- 1/2 cup (100) grams dried quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/2–1 whole sweet potato, cooked
- olive oil
- Peel and chop your sweet potato and then roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until soft. (you can also pierce it with a fork (without peeling) and put it in the microwave for 5-6 minutes if you are short on time and scoop out the flesh)
- Meanwhile add 1/2 cup (100 grams) of quinoa to a pan (you could double or triple this if you are also making a quinoa recipe for yourself so you can have quinoa with baby like quinoa bowls), add boiling water and cook according to pack instructions (usually 15 mins on the hob or until water is drained)
- Once everything is cooked, add it to a bowl with 2 eggs and any herbs and spices you’d like to use. I like to add turmeric, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Combine thoroughly until fully mixed.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan on low to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, spoon the mixture into the pan using a tablespoon. You should be able to fit 3-4 patties in the frying pan. Push the mixture down with the bottom of the spoon so it flattens slightly.
- After frying for 2-3 minutes, the patties will be ready to be flipped. Carefully do this with your tablespoon or a spatula. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes on the other side before transferring the patties to a plate.
- Continue with the rest of the mixture until it’s all gone. This recipe should create around 8 patties in total.
- Ensure the patties are fully cooled before serving to your baby.
- Cut into strips for babies 6-9ish months old and pieces for babies 9months+.
Keywords: quinoa baby led weaning, baby led weaning quinoa, quinoa baby led weaning recipe